Annual Tri-Chapter Workshop: This is the time of year when KONY comes together with the NYC Orff and Dalcroze chapters for a combined meeting. Don’t miss it!
SPECIAL TWO-DAY EVENT:
Annual Joint Chapters Dalcroze/Kodaly/Orff Workshop
Moves You Can Use: Dalcroze Eurhythmics for Classroom Music
Saturday, January 25, 2014
Registration: 9:30 am
Workshop: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Place: Trevor Day School, 4 E. 90th Street, NYC (between Madison and 5th)
Lisa Parker and Anne Farber
• Improvisation in the Private Lesson (Anne Farber) (4:00-5:30)
• 4 hand Improvisation Recital (Anne Farber and Lisa Parker) (6:00-7:00)
Sunday, January 26, 2014
Workshop: 4:00 – 7:00 pm
(wine/cheese reception at 5:30pm)
Place: The Lucy Moses School of Music and Dance
129 West 67th Street, NYC (between Broadway and Amsterdam)
Saturday, January 25th Workshop; 10am-2pm
- Attendees without Dalcroze, Kodaly or Orff Chapter membership: $30
- TriState DSA Members: $15; student DSA members: $10
Sunday, January 26th Workshop; 4-7pm (at Kaufman Music Center)
- DSA members who attended Saturdayworkshop: free
- DSA who did not attend Saturday workshop: $15; full time students w/ ID: $10
- KONY and Orff members who attendedSaturday workshop: $15
- All others: $35; full time students: $20
1. Moves You Can Use: Dalcroze Eurhythmics for Classroom Music (Saturday, January 25that Trevor Day School)
With Lisa Parker
Explore the experiential and its role in learning to hear and feel music while giving expression to the inventive and personal in us all. Join master teacher Lisa Parker to find out how movement and improvisation, the central elements of Dalcroze education, can be applied in practical ways for your classroom situation.
After warming up ears and bodies with typicalDalcroze activities, the workshop will focus on expanding the language of movement and on ways to structure improvisational movement activities in the classroom. There will be plenty of time for questions and comments. Please wear comfortable clothes!
2. Improvisation in the Private Lesson(Sunday, January, 26th at Kaufman Music Center) with Anne Farber
Four Hand Improviation Demonstration withAnne Farber and Lisa Parker
New York City Dalcroze teacher Anne Farber demonstrates some of the many ways improvisation can be used in the private lesson. Following a wine and cheese reception, Anne and Lisa revive their famed 4-hand improvisation duo for a rare concert treat.